Thursday 7 June 2012

Daily Mail's Charlotte Kemp - Thanks!

So, I have just spent the last hour traipsing around every possible newspaper outlet in this corner of North Yorkshire trying desperately to find a hard copy of today's Daily Mail as the lovely Charlotte Kemp has written an article about Sew Iconic and ... well, it's not every day I get to be in a national newspaper is it?! So... here's the online version of the article... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2155503/Sew-superstar-wardrobe-Fancy-dressing-like-Marilyn-Audrey--breaking-bank-A-new-book-shows-.html 

I have to say the Charlotte has done a great job with the project and even if the end result is not necessarily the most professional of finishes, I am delighted to have inspired her to have a go and rediscover something about herself - making clothes is actually an absorbing, fascinating and very rewarding thing to do. Making them for someone else, I'd wager, is probably even more exciting. I love doing it and would happily spend every day engrossed in these projects.

So, one happy little bunny can settle down for a lovely bath with three copies of the article - so what that it's raining cats and dogs outside? So what that my dear husband of 32 years (who is referred to simply as my 'partner' in the article - a source of great amusement to him!) has had to drive at break-neck speed through five villages and a small town (Malton) to help me out, because I was too excited to actually drive? I only hope that the squeals of delight that accompanied my finding the article didn't completely deafen the poor chap who was innocently purchasing petrol at the petrol station - he'll get over it I think! Yay!

It's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment